The discovery of internet is one of the most revolutionary discoveries of the 20th century. It has given easy access from anywhere to anywhere which has its countless positive merits. But just like "A Coin has two sides" Internet also has its disadvantages. The excess of anything is bad, and internet is no exception to this phenomenon. CYBER CRIME is "Any criminal activity that uses a computer either as an instrumentality, target or a means for perpetuating further crimes comes within the ambit of cyber crime”. In other words, any illegal activity that uses computer and/or internet as a source, target or both, falls under the category of Cyber Crime. With time, the domain of cyber crime has increased and the most common cyber crimes are listed below:
With time, the domain of cyber crime has increased and the most common cyber crimes are listed below:
- Pornography- Misuse of one’s images/videos to show adult content.
- Hacking- The most basic form of hacking is illegal possession of a person’s computer, data, Email-ID, Social networking accounts, or other data related with computer without the consent of related person..
- Virus attack- The circulation of any such file that effects the functioning of a computer without the consent of the user in mass is called a virus attack..
- Financial Theft- The transfer of any amount of money from one’s account without his/her consent to another is called financial theft.
- Other thefts- Steal, Movement, Deletion, Alteration of any kind of electronic data stored in a server or computer without authorized permission is also considered as Cyber Crime.