Instagram app l Instagram
Instagram is a free, photo–sharing and social networking app acquired by Facebook in 2012.
Instagram allows users to
- edit and upload short photos and videos with the mobile app.
- add captions to each post
- use local hashtags and geotags to identify these posts and make them searchable by other users within the app.
- make their profile private so that only their followers can view their posts.
- like, comment and bookmark posts for others, and send private messages to their friends via the Instagram Direct feature.
- share photos on one or more social media platforms – including Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr – with a single click.
Each user’s post appears in the feed of his or her Instagram followers and can also be viewed publicly if they are marked using hashtags or geotags.
Instagram is not only a tool for individuals, but also for businesses.
Photo sharing tool for business . It gives opportunity to business and companies to–
- start a free business account to improve their product and products.
- have access to free engagement and emerging metrics.
According to the Instagram website, more than a million advertisers around the world use Instagram to share their stories and promote business results. In addition, 60% of people say they get new products through the app.
History of Instagram
Initially, only photos could be posted on Instagram, but the company expanded to 15-second videos in year 2013.
Instagram increased its maximum video length by 60 seconds.
all photos posted on Instagram were limited to a square aspect ratio. Square aspect ratio means that the company has modified this to allow users to upload photos and videos in full size. This company has been the source of some controversy.
Instagram added this phrase to its Terms of Service policy–
To help us deliver interesting or sponsored paid content or promotions, you agree that a business or other company may pay us to display your username, image, images (and any related metadata), and / or actions you perform, in relation to paid. or sponsored content or promotions, without compensation to you.
Following strong criticism from users who feared Instagram would sell their photos and identities, Systrom CEO reassured users that it was not the company’s intention. Language is immediately removed from policy.
The 2013 controversy–
It focused on criticism that Instagram was blocking images that did not violate the company’s terms and conditions and that the tests were improperly targeting women’s bodies.
The 2016 Instagram decision –
It decided to move the timeline image display to the use of an algorithm to determine image layout and produce a negative feedback.
The company had 700 million active users, more than double the total number of Twitter users.
How did Instagram started l Who created Instagram
Instagram was developed in San Francisco by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. Systrom worked in advertising and started doing nightly engineering to help him learn to code.
Concept app created by Systrom called ‘Burbn‘
Systrom created a concept app for the idea he originally called Burbn, which allowed people to access where they were in their mobile web application. After meeting with people who worked for the capitalist firms at the party, Systrom persuaded them to agree to a Burbn conference. After the first meeting, he quit his job and two weeks later collected $ 500,000 from companies.
Systrom to develop other mobile apps to focus on photo communication
At this point, Systrom decided to find a team that would help him and Mike Krieger agreed to join. They decided that the app was very similar to other mobile apps already developed, so they voted to focus only on photo communication.
Uninstall all features in the app without uploading photos, comments and likes. It was renamed Instagram as referring to the fact that users were sending a fast-type type of phone.
Launch date and Instagram l Instagram app l First photography app
Instagram was launched on October 6, 2010 and its growth was almost there. From a handful of users, it soon became the first photography app that collects 100,000 users in one week, rising to one million in two months.
According to Kevin Systrom, the app itself took only eight weeks to build but was the result of more than a year of work. It went on to be bought by Facebook for $ 1 billion in 2012. It now has more than 600 million active users and is growing rapidly.
Editing tools and Features –
- Instagram offers a variety of digital filters that can be applied to users’ photos, including those that add an old-fashioned or obscure look.
- Other editing features include Lux, shadow effect, darker contrast and enhanced brightness, and photo editing tools that allow users to adjust brightness, brightness, shadow fullness, sharpness, shape, direction, and blink.
- Changes in handmade tilt and vignette effect can also be added to photos.
Instagram introduced a feature that allows users to post multiple photos or videos at once, presented in carousel format.
Introduced the News feature in 2016
Inspired by the popular Snapchat app, Instagram introduced news feature that allows users to share their missing moments of day after 24 hours. Instagram Stories incorporates the ability to apply face-based filters to the unpopularity we see and stickers, as well as the ability to add text, graphics, emoji, links and geotags directly to a photo or video.
In April 2017
Instagram News recorded 200 million active users, surpassing the active users of Snapchat, its main competitor.
Instagram l Use l Use of Instagram app
Series of additional apps that is used by Instagram-
- Boomerang, which makes custom GIFs;
- Hyper-lapse, which creates obsolete videos
- Layout, which makes multi-image photo collages.
The Instagram app
It is available for download on
- iPad and
- other Apple iOS devices through the App Store, and on Android devices via Google Play.
Once installed, users will be instructed to sign up for free and be given the option to enter their email address, which includes creating a username and password, or signing in using their Facebook account. New users can find people to follow on Instagram by making the app look at their Facebook friends and people on their contact list.
Tabs in Instagram l Various tabs
- Home tab,
The first screen that appears when the app opens, Instagram users can view photos in the accounts they follow in a format similar to that of Facebook news. Instagram stories – posted by users you follow – are displayed at the top of the home feed in the form of circular profile pictures. Users can access Instagram Direct in the upper right corner of their home feed.
- The Instagram Checker tab
– It allows members to search for user accounts to track or find user photos by searching hashtags or geotags.
The Check tab also presents selected content and recommendations based on user activity and the accounts they follow, as well as trending hashtags and popular posts.
- The Activity tab
shows the recent involvement of posts in the form of likes and comments, as well as recent activity from what the user is following.
- The Profile tab
It helps to present all user photos and video posted in one place with a short bio. To send a photo or video, click the Camera tab, which will give you the option to take a photo or video within the app or select a photo or video from the device library.
How Do We Create An Original Instagram Image l first Instagram image l How old it is
What Caused Instagram?
Kevin Systrom’s puppy dog was the first Instagram photo to be uploaded. The photo was taken in Todos Santos, according to Systrom, in Chilako tacos.
The success of Instagram is due to a few things:
- If you use Instagram, you can take regular photos and turn them into something unusual.
- People do not have time to read long texts; instead, they prefer to watch videos and look at photos, which is why Instagram exists
- Using it will not be straightforward or more comfortable
- Instead of trying to be everything to everyone, Instagram is focused on one thing.
- It is full of exciting new features and is constantly being improved in response to user feedback.
- It doesn’t have many annoying ads; nothing arises
- As a facilitator, you have the potential to build a successful business on site.
Facebook Graph of Interest
Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg promised to buy Instagram in April 2012 for $ 1 billion in cash and stock, stating that he would run the company independently after the termination of the contract.
Instagram accepted. Shortly afterwards, Facebook bought the business for $ 1 billion in stock and stocks.
Resources / Support
Investors have been impressed by Instagram’s meteoric rise in user numbers. Instagram first met potential investors in January 2011 and, one month later, collected about $ 7 million in various sources, including average revenue.
Several key social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook, have begun to recognize this new business.
A large percentage of people, as the app claims, use Instagram to do product and service research.
It is true that your business misses more than 200 million Instagram users who go to business profiles each day and 130 million subscribers who subscribe to the store post every month when you are not on Instagram.